- 8 each baby golden beets, peeled, cut in half
- 4 ounces green beans, ends snipped, cut 1 inch on bias
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 2 quarts water
Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil and add ½ tablespoon kosher salt.
Place beets into water gently and allow to cook for 5 minutes or until tender. Remove beets using a strainer and set in a bowl.
Allow water to return to a boil and gently add the green beans for 3-4 minutes until tender. Remove the beans from the pot using a strainer and add to the bowl with the beets.
Place olive oil in a sauté pan on medium heat, add the shallots to cook until tender. Add the beets and beans and season with salt and pepper to taste.