- 4 each bison tenderloin, 5 oz
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, fresh, rough chopped
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 quart hickory wood chips, for grilling
Marinate bison steaks overnight with oil, garlic, rosemary and black pepper.
Remove the steaks from the refrigerator, remove the large pieces of rosemary and then season with salt and pepper on all sides of bison. Allow the steaks to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes to allow the salt to dilute and penetrate the meat.
For grilling of the steaks, you will need to soak the wood chips in warm water for 30 minutes prior to grilling. The wood chips should be added to your charcoal 5 minutes prior to grilling to allow them to burn and produce the necessary smoke you will need for the flavor in the steaks.
Grill steaks on each side for approximately 5-8 minutes for a medium rare steak, depending on thickness of the pieces. Remove from grill and allow to rest for 5 minutes prior to serving.