- 4 ounces veal demi glace, can be purchased at gourmet markets or online
- 1 cup huckleberries, fresh (when in season) or frozen
- 1 teaspoon bitter chocolate
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups port wine
- 1 cup mirepoix, (medium dice of carrot, celery, onion and leek)
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
In a heavy sauce pot, sauté mirepoix for 8 minutes on med heat.
Add the port wine, ½ cup of the huckleberries and demi glace allowing this to reduce by half. Strain through a sieve and return to a clean sauce pot.
Prior to serving bring sauce to simmer and add the chocolate, remaining ½ cup huckleberries and butter.